hmtimer 3.2.1 is released

hmtimer 3.2.1 is released. You can download it from download page.

Comments

  1. Could you try to implement a "wake from sleep" option in a future version please? In south africa we have something called "loadshedding". It is basically a small scale controlled blackout to prevent total grid failure. Each service area gets a number. Every loadshedding stage adds another area to the slot. We are currently at stage 4. So that means 4 service areas can have up to 3 2h30min slots of loadshedding within a 24h period. So you see the problem. I cannot leave my pc running unattended and sometimes I have to. Our grid is basically f***ed. Government corruption, no system maintenance for 30 years, etc. Anyway if you could help a brother out, that'd be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But how do your pc sleep during blackout? If I understand correctly, sleep mode still consumes power, if blackout happens when computer is sleeping, data will be lost.

      Delete
    2. Exactly. It can't be left on sleep because of the blackouts. So if I let it go into sleep mode, I have to manually wake my pc and then once the pc is awake the timer will activate. But then I may as well just shut it down manually. That's okay during the day, but if I have to run something while I am asleep I would have to wake up, for example at 4 am to shut down my pc manually. I know this isn't your problem but I just thought I'd ask.

      Delete
    3. What operating
      system are you using? Waking from sleep does not look impossible, but I will probably not implement this in hmtimer. Maybe just don't let your computer sleep?

      Delete

Post a Comment